he’s baaaaaaack! themeless fourteen.
chris king returns with a breezy 72-worder. it was a quick solve for me, so here’s a quick review:
- DEADPOOL gets a great trivia clue – [2016 film that’s the highest-grossing R-rated film of all time]. (i’m sure it grossed a high number of people out)
- i’m a big fan of MEMEs, but was only vaguely familiar with [Unexpected John Cena, e.g.]
- i’m told there’s a fun backstory behind one of the entries in this puzzle, and i’m guessing that entry is the scrabbly VONTZ, clued as [Yiddish bedbug]. looking forward to hearing it.
- was stuck for a solid minute running the alphabet on the crossing of [Pharm. docs], RXS, and [Twisted ___ (hieroglyph shape)], FLAX.
- love the colloquial long down pairing of BY ALL MEANS and FAIR ENOUGH, as well as the shorter SON OF A…
- [Nickname for some black-and-white Air Jordans] – new OREO clue alert!!! in crossworld that’s like discovering a new element.
- TOUCANS gets a subtly funny clue: [Tropical froot eaters]
- meh fill: obsolescent LETT, TRIS clued as the old baseball guy… that’s all i got.
thanks to mr. king for the sunday fun. until next time!